Secure Real-Time Flight Tracking and Messaging
OuterLink Corporation, based in Lowell, Mass., provides a Mobile Asset Tracking and Data Messaging system that combines real-time location reporting, secure bi-directional satellite communications and comprehensive base-station software to enable ground personnel to track the minute-by-minute movement of mobile assets, monitor on-board sensors, and conduct bi-directional text messaging.
An OuterLink system provides a complete end-to-end solution consisting of the following components:
- CP-3 data terminal and low profile antennas installed on the aircraft
- Demodulators and modulators located at a satellite earth station
- Communications gateway that provides a bi-directional link to a terrestrial communications network
- CommTrack Software suite that enables users to visually track and display real-time and historical information about all assets under their control.
Because of its unique application of digital spread spectrum technology, OuterLink is able to provide highly scalable solutions to current and future customers that place minimal demands on satellite communications bandwidth. Furthermore, this technology assures highly secure communications since customer's use of satellite bandwidth is virtually indistinguishable from background noise.
In use since 1999, OuterLink solutions currently track and communicate with over 2,000 mobile assets, including fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, and land-based vehicles. OuterLink has been granted FAA Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for over 43 models of aircraft. Aircraft tracking information is updated every 30 seconds (or more frequently if desired by customer), whereas May Day alerts can be sent every three seconds for precise asset tracking in emergency situations. OuterLink Corporation customers include the largest Gulf of Mexico and air ambulance operators.
Markets served by OuterLink include:
- Energy Companies
- Air and ground ambulance operators
- Natural resource management agencies
- Law enforcement agencies
- Utility Companies
Contact: OuterLink Corporation
175 Cabot Street, Lowell, MA 01844
Phone: 978-856-0007; Fax: 978-856-0013; www.outerlink.com