Notwithstanding the difficult economic environment, 2010 was a growth year for Uniflight as the benefits of prior planning and growth initiatives began to take root. We diversified the service center franchise of our flagship location in Grand Prairie, Texas (KGPM). After nearly 30 years as a Bell CSF (Platinum rated), we became an American Eurocopter Service Center, which expanded the addressable market. We also added two new locations to address the void that we see developing in the northeastern U.S. market: Reading, Pa. (KRDG), which also obtained American Eurocopter Service Center designation, and at KRME in Rome, N.Y.
As a result of the growth in demand for service that we experienced in 2010, we are moving to larger facilities with “through the fence” access at Grand Prairie Municipal Airport. We also expect to add between one and three additional locations to expand the footprint of our business in the U.S., and, based on developments that are in process with various OEMs, we have an expectation that we will also be launching Uniflight’s Products Division, which will add further diversification to our revenue streams. In addition, with multinational distribution partners, we anticipate that having this new capability will eventually lead to even broader geographic expansion.
Serving Helicopter Owners & Operators for 30 Years
For almost three decades, north Texas-based Uniflight has earned a well-deserved reputation for maintaining the highest standards in aircraft completions, overhaul, maintenance and aircraft support. The company has comprehensive avionics installation, repair and inspection capabilities as well as helicopter dynamic component inspection, overhaul and repair facilities. Uniflight is an authorized service center for American Eurocopter and a Bell Helicopter Platinum level customer service facility. The company is headquartered in Grand Prairie, Texas and has facilities in Reading and Rome. Uniflight provides helicopter service and support for AgustaWestland, Bell, Eurocopter and MD Helicopters, as well as fixed-wing aircraft capabilities to support the most discerning customers. Uniflight is an approved FAA repair station as well as avionics dealer for Becker, Chelton, Garmin, NAT and Sandel.
History of Uniflight
• D. Tullos, a 25-year helicopter industry veteran, founded Uniflight in 1982 as an approved Bell Helicopter Customer Service Facility
• Greg Aslinger, a pilot and ENG service provider, acquired Uniflight in 1999 and relocated the business to Grand Prairie Airport where he established Uniflight as a full service helicopter MRO center
• Hawke Capital acquired Uniflight in 2008 as the foundation from which to grow an industry-leading helicopter MRO services provider
• In September 2009 Uniflight became an approved Eurocopter Customer Service Center
• Expanded from Texas to Northeastern U.S. (Pennsylvania and New York) in 2010
|Type your caption here.
132 Years Combined Business Experience; 95 Years in Rotorcraft
• Joe Hawke: Chairman, President & CEO—19 years banking and private equity investment experience, including multiple rotorcraft entities (Keystone, CTI, AEL, Uniflight)
• Steve Gray: CFO—30 years financial executive and public accounting experience, including multiple private equity, venture-backed and leveraged loan situations
• Rick Hinkle: Director of Sales—30-plus years rotorcraft experience, including Keystone Helicopter Corporation (25 years)
• Paul Rayhill: General Manager, Uniflight-Rome—25 years rotorcraft experience including U.S. Navy pilot and owner/ operator Aviation Services Unlimited (13 years)
• Greg Aslinger: Chief Pilot—28 years rotorcraft experience including Owner and Pilot, Uniflight Ltd.
Full Service Helicopter MRO Provider
Over the past three decades, Uniflight has earned a reputation for prompt and professional service with the highest quality standards in the industry.
Uniflight specializes in:
• Heavy Maintenance
• Aircraft Refurbishment
• Aircraft Completions
• Component Overhaul
• Spares Distribution
• Avionics and Mission Equipment
Uniflight is a Factory Authorized Service Center and FAA/EASA Certified Repair Station for the following models:
• Bell 47, 204, 205, 206, 212, 222, 230, 407, 412, 430
• Bell OH-58, UH-1H series
• Eurocopter AS350/355 series; BK117, BO105; EC120, EC135
• Opportunity to add EC130, EC145 and AS365
Uniflight is an FAA/EASA Certified Repair Station for the following models:
• Agusta 109 series
• MD 500 series