EagleMed, a critical care air medical transport provider, has ordered 11 Donaldson Company (Booth 1002) AS350 inlet barrier filter (IBF) systems, joining a growing number of air medical operators relying on Donaldson Aerospace & Defense’s IBF systems to protect the engines on their helicopters and support the completion of their critical missions.
IBFs assist in shielding engines from the damaging effects of dirt, dust, sand, salt and foreign objects, protecting performance and reliability. These advanced filtration systems provided by Donaldson also help operators lower maintenance costs by reducing the need for unscheduled engine inspections.
Other air medical operators choosing Donaldson IBFs include:
• CareFlight of Australia operates with IBFs on a fleet of AgustaWestland AW109E/SPs and AW139s.
• Kagoshima International Aviation of Japan recently installed an IBF on its third AW109E/SP.
• In Canada, Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) selected IBFs for its new air medical AW139.
• In the U.S., Hospital Wing chose the IBF system to protect its newest helicopter, a Eurocopter EC130B4.
• The Air Medical Resource Group has installed IBFs on its fleet of Eurocopter AS350B3e helicopters.