The Sikorsky S-92 helicopter will feature new Rockwell Collins MFD-268P2B multifunction displays, enabling growth to capabilities that will enhance situational awareness and flight safety. The new displays will be standard cockpit equipment for new aircraft delivered beginning in 2014.
Benefits of the new MFD-268P2B include:
• Expanded readability under all lighting conditions
• Provides growth path to synthetic vision, H-TAWS and MultiScan weather radar
• Enhanced color stability for high-angle, cross-cockpit viewing
• Enhanced reliability through increased technology integration
• Greater than 14 decibel reduction in acoustic noise
Related: Avionics News