Carl Zeiss Optronics designs, develops and produces state-of-the-art optronic instruments for military and civilian applications. They are used to monitor, identify and classify, as well as for precise measurement, evaluation and targeting.
As a subsidiary of the globally recognized Carl Zeiss Group, the company has years of experience and know-how in optronics, highly accurate optics and precision engineering.
Research and development are very important to Carl Zeiss Optronics. They are one of the leading developers and manufacturers of optical and optronic systems.
More Than Meets the Eye
Carl Zeiss Optronics systems for land, sea and air forces, as well as for national security organizations are known for their innovative technology.
They are custom tailored to operational and logistic requirements. Comprehensive documentation, intensive training and, of course, service throughout the entire life cycle ensure long-term operational readiness.
In the Air Force and aerial reconnaissance sector, Carl Zeiss Optronics offers the following products:
* Electro-optical reconnaissance systems and thermal imaging cameras for manned and unmanned aircraft
* Targeting and navigation pods for fighter aircraft
* Optical systems for reconnaissance
* Observation and targeting sights for helicopter, UAV and fixed-wing platforms
* State-of-the-art, lightweight helmet-mounted display and tracking systems
Meanwhile, Carl Zeiss Optronics offers the following optical systems for aerospace applications:
* Precision mirrors for earth observation
* Cryomechanisms for satellites
* Optics for infrared space applications
With 780 employees, Carl Zeiss Optronics develops and produces optronic, optical and precision engineered products for military and civilian applications in Oberkochen and Wetzlar in Germany and Irene in South Africa.
Carl Zeiss Optronics GmbH 73446 Oberkochen, Germany Phone: +49 736-420-6530 Fax: +49 736-420-3697 Web: www.zeiss.de/optronics E-mail: email@example.com