Military, Products

Bell-Boeing to Upgrade V-22 Avionics Software

By Staff Writer | December 11, 2013
Send Feedback

The U.S. Naval Air Systems Command has granted a $33-million contract to the Bell-Boeing Joint Project in Amarillo, Texas. The agreement covers engineering and technical support for the V-22 Osprey flight control system and avionics software.

The contract also includes flight test planning, avionics and flight control upgrades and software performance and qualification testing. Boeing’s Ridley Park facility in Pennsylvania will handle around 90 percent of the work, with the remaining 10 percent taking place at Bell Helicopter’s site in Fort Worth, Texas. Completion is projected in December 2015.

Related: Avionics and Instruments News


Receive the latest rotorcraft news right to your inbox