HAI is again highlighting the HAI Rotor Safety Challenge, which features more than 53 safety education events that will help attendees learn industry best practices including safety tools and techniques to apply while on the job. Some of these courses include sessions such as “Aviation Law: What Pilots Need to Know,” “Updates in FAA Medical Certification,” “Business and Safety Case for HUMS,” and “SMS and Technology: Do They Fit Together?” Most of these events are eligible for FAA WINGS and AMT program credits. Attendees that “take the challenge” and attend six or more of these events will be eligible to receive a certificate of recognition.
Other noteworthy events at this year's Heli-Expo include:
- HAI Safety Symposium: NTSB – Managing Risk in Public Helicopter Operations that will take place on Monday, March 2 at 8:00 a.m.
- Safety Directors Forum: Your Helicopter Crashed – Now What? on Monday, March 2 at 10:30 a.m.
- ADS-B Implementation Forum, taking place on Tuesday, March 3 at 10:00 a.m.
- HFI Pilot Mentoring Panel on Tuesday, March 3 at 12:30 p.m.
- Manufacturer Technical Briefings on Wednesday, March 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems: Challenge or Opportunity? on Wednesday, March 4 at 2:00 p.m.
- Huey Owners and Type Certificate Holders Forum on Thursday, March 5 at 1:00 p.m.